Stephen Donnelly is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to work with him on a range of areas including communications, political activities and policy support. The job includes national and constituency activities, located in Leinster House and Wicklow. Passion for public service a must!
- Manage the administration of parliamentary functions including parliamentary questions, committees, Dáil and other activities.
- Run day-to-day office administration in Leinster House, including diary, meetings, interns, volunteers, representing Deputy Donnelly at meetings, and other functions, as required.
- Draft speeches, position-papers, press releases, briefing notes and other communications.
- Manage and grow digital communications, including social media, video and other visual assets.
- Drive outreach to civil society and other stakeholder groups.
- Support policy development, with current portfolio focus being healthcare, as well as ad-hoc involvement across other policy areas.
- Lead constituency-level policy and project development as required.
- Party – Liaise with Party HQ and other party members and staff, as required.
- Constituency – Work with constituency team on wide range of activities.
- Other such related duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Degree or Master Degree in communications, policy or related field.
- 4+ years professional experience in communications, policy or equivalent area.
- Communications experience to include traditional and digital channels.
- Comfortable delivering to tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Starting salary €41,092 (overtime available, job includes pension entitlements)
- Based in Dáil Éireann and Wicklow.
- Please submit CV, with covering letter if desired, to Stephen.Donnelly@Oireachtas.ie
- Deadline for submissions is 5pm, Monday 23rd July 2018.