More items are needed for Ireland- Calais Refugee Solidarity.
Thank you to everyone who has so far donated to South Dublin / Wicklow Calais Refugee Solidarity collection at my office in Greystones.
They need the following items:
- RUBBISH BAGS
- WATERPROOF BOOTS SHOES AND TRAINERS IN SIZES 39-44, (NOT Wellingtons as Glastonbury kindly donated and delivered those left at the Festival)
- WARM WATERPROOF JACKETS IN SIZES SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- WARM FLEECE TOPS as fleece is easy to wash and fast to dry.
- SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR.
- IDEALLY MILITARY STYLE WAXED DOWN SLEEPING BAGS warm durable and water resistant.
- FIREPROOF CANVAS TENTS they will need to keep warm over the winter, nylon or polyester tents are not warm and are flammable but ALL TENTS ARE WELCOME EVEN INCOMPLETE.
- LARGE WATERPROOF TARPAULINS, IDEALLY WAXED CANVAS as again not inflammable and is breathable but PLASTIC IS WELCOME TOO.
- LARGE SEALABLE PLASTIC BOXES to keep their things dry.
- ROCKET STOVES AND ROCKET HEATERS.
- MULTIPURPOSE COOKING AND EATING UTENSILS.
- STOVE KETTLES.
- WOODEN PALLETS to keep tents off the floor, fencing, decking.
- LARGE PLASTERS, MEFIX, BANDAGES, ANTISEPTIC DISINFECTANT, ANTI BACTERIAL HAND GEL, ANTI-BACTERIAL WIPES FOR PERSONAL CARE AND GENERAL CLEANING.
- TOOTHBRUSHES AND TOOTHPASTE, SHAMPOO, SOAP, DEODORANT, COMBS AND HAIRBRUSHES.
- WIND UP RADIOS, WIND UP TORCHES, SOLAR LIGHTS for outside tents and communal pathways.
- PORTABLE/CAMPING COMPOSTING TOILETS and toilet rolls.
- WARM CLEAN BLANKETS.
This aid will be taken by convoy to Calais by the South Dublin / Wicklow Calais Refugee Solidarity group on September 30th.
For more information, check out the facebook page of the South Dublin / Wicklow Calais Refugee Solidarity public group.
The response has been incredible and at the moment we are in need of people with vans and storage space who would be willing to help store the donations up to September 30th. Please call on 01 2017300 or email at Stephen.Donnelly@Oireachtas.ie if you would like to get involved.
Other collection points:
Arklow Scout Hall,
Prelude Arts Centre,
Wings Angels Shop,